We hope this simple guide will help you to deal with any accidents you may have effecting your Carpets or Upholstery. If they don’t work then give us a call quickly, sooner is always better.
- Stay calm as almost all stains can be removed from carpets and upholstery by the Stainbusters process if treated properly at the time they happen.
- Absorb wet spills with a clean white cloth, terry nappy, tissue or paper towel. A weighted pad of white tissue left in place for a short period of time is often very effective.
- Work from the edge of the stain towards the centre to prevent the spread of the stain.
- Use a small amount of clean water with the white cloth to dilute the stain
- Keep working until the carpet is touch dry to prevent wetting to the backing/underlay.
- Use dishcloths that may hold detergent residue
- Use proprietary carpet cleaners; many of which include bleach, masking or setting agents
- Use washing up liquid or household detergents Rush the job, many jobs take time to respond.
- Try old wives tales, many old remedies cause chemical reactions which actually set the stains and means they can never be removed.
These handy tips should certainly help you to remove or greatly reduce any winter time stains, but failing that; call in the professionals. Or if you just fancy sprucing up the lounge carpet, curtains or sofa, then give us a call.
M: 07961 488 893
Professional Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning | Family business established 12 years | Commercial and domestic specialists