This tender and juicy roast looks beautiful when served to guests. It also makes the house smell wonderful as it cooks.
- 1 joint of beef
- 1 -3 tsp coarse salt(generous amount) 1 -3tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 10 garlic cloves
- Settle the joint and let it stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the salt and pepper together.
- Insert some of the rosemary directly into the skin of the
joint, scoring with a sharp knife to help you insert it.
- Preheat the oven to 375oF.
- Now score the joint in 10 random spots for the garlic. Rub
the meat with the seasoning mix. Place cloves into the
- Place the roast on a rack in the pan with the rosemary top
- Roast for 1 hour and then turn off oven.
- Leave the roast in the oven but do not open oven door for
- About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to
375 oF and reheat the roast.
- Make sure not to remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until 20 minutes before ready to serve.
- Remove roast 20 minutes after heating.