Some tips on selling your home from our your local property experts Platinum Property.
The Key Shot
This is usually the front of the property.
- Tidy up the garden, cut the grass, sweep up any leaves, remove any rubbish
- Hide the bins
- Remove cars from driveways
- Close all doors & windows.
In addition to the above, also
- Tidy away any children’s toys and pet toys
- If possible, remove any washing lines, remove pegs
- Set out garden furniture.
Kitchen & Utility Room
- Remove dishes, drainers, bins, towels, tea towels, oven gloves, mail etc
- Try to avoid washing being visible in washing machine
- Remove pet food bowls & beds.
Living & Dining Areas
- Tidy away toys, newspapers, magazines, fire guards etc.
- Make the beds, try to ensure that any items stored under the bed are not visible
- Store away any clothes, hairdryers, shoes, clothes etc
- De-clutter bed side cabinets.
Bathrooms, En-suites & Guest WC
- Tidy away toothbrushes, shavers, soaps, sponges, cosmetics, bath toys etc
- Remove cleaning products and laundry baskets
- Clean sanitary ware including shower screens & mirrors.
- As well as a general clean, make sure all windows have been cleaned
- Make use of cupboards, under stairs storage, garages & sheds for storage, as these will not usually be photographed
- Open curtains & blinds to maximise natural light, switch on lights & lamps if it is a dull day
- Have fresh flowers and a bowl of fresh fruit on display
- Remember not to over de-clutter as the property is a home