A delicious, chewy bar that’s packed full of dried fruits and nuts that’s perfect to be served as breakfast, or a lunchbox treat.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 cup almond butter 1/2 cup maple syrup 1/2 cup almond milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 2.5 cups rolled oats 1 cup rice cereal.
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate plus 1/4 cup melted to finish
- Preheat the oven to 325f/160c.
- Line a square baking tin (8x8in) with baking parchment. Spray a little coconut oil in first to help secure the paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients into a large bowl making sure the almond butter is fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into your tin and press down well with your spatula.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes then drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Pop in the fridge to ensure the chocolate is solid.
- You can store each slice in the freezer once wrapped in foil for up to three months or 1 week in the fridge.